Saturday, Sept 4 thru Sept 26: g gallery presents "New American Paintings Volume #90"
- This collaboration with Open Press Studios will include
the Houston Winners as selected by Toby Kamps,
Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art for the Menil Collection
By the way, g gallery's website is new and improved. It looks great and is full of wonderful information! Linked above.
Saturday, Sept 4, 6-10 PM: End of summer celebration at The Big Mamou
- The Big Mamou is hosting an End Of Summer party which will include live music and an outdoor market with clothing, jewelry and other crafts.
- 903 Studewood
Saturday, Sept 4, 6 PM: Final "Evening" show for 1st Saturday Arts Market
- First Saturday Arts Market is Houston's longest running monthly outdoor fine arts event. Featuring local and regional artists whose offerings include original paintings, photography, jewelry, sculpture, wood and metal arts, ceramics and fiber arts.
- 548 W 19th Street, in the parking lot for Wind Water Gallery
- This month's show will feature production artist Jessi Harden
Sunday, Sept 5, 2 - 7 PM: "We Love Sam" benefit party for local artist Sam VanBibber at Hickory Hollow
- Sam has been ordered by her doctors to stop working while undergoing treatment, so the arts community is rallying around her to help with the cost of getting well again.
- RSVP, see the schedule for live music and donation information on the Facebook Events Page
Outside the Heights:
Every Monday: Be an "eco-drink critic" at Sugarcane
- Each week, the "mixologist" (I am kinda over that term. Sorry....) picks a different spirit and tries out 3 new recipes. For $10, you get to try each new cocktail plus complimentary nosh from their "Bites" menu. The night's guests will choose which new concoctions will stay and which will go.
In Other News:
Coming in October, St Mark's Methodist Church in the Heights, together with Christ Church Cathedral downtown, will be offering a new mass for families of children with special needs.