Friday, January 28, 2011

Heights Snapshot: Pop In for Pie


Sunday, January 23

2:00 PM

M Squared Gallery, 339 W 19th

It was National Pie Day during the Year of the Pie. From Noon until 3 pm, Heights residents and/or pie lovers were welcome to M2 for pie, beer and live music. When I rolled in with my Bog Boy (4 years old tomorrow. Unbelievable.) I thought this was an admission line formed under a giant piece of popcorn. I was wrong. This was the line for pie. I went outside where Oh My! Pocket Pies had their food trailer parked to see if I could procure a pocket pie that way. No, I was told. They were making pies for inside. They were out and new pies were going to take about 20 minutes. Oh my! Popular pies!

We weren't able to wait. 20 minutes is an eternity to an almost-four-year-old. I had to promise to bring Big Boy back some afternoon for a Smores pocket pie. You can find Oh My's trailer on 19th St, just off the sidewalk in the little alley next to M2, Wed/Th/Sat until 3 pm. They're good enough that all the people in that picture were willing to wait, but the wait at the trailer is rarely that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment