Yes, I totally regurgitated last week's Happenings by changing the date. So sue me...
Saturday, August 28, 8 AM- 2 PM: MD Anderson benefit blood drive at Studio Nia Moves
- Participants can sign up for a time slot every 20 minutes starting at 8 am. You will be screened and they will confirm that you can donate.
- To schedule your spot and for any additional questions, please contact Kristie at Nia Moves. (713) 864-4260 or Kristie@NiaMoves.com
Saturday, August 28, 2 PM: Share opinions on the future of 14 Pews
- We have a new neighbor where Aurora Picture Show once lived. New owner/director of 14 Pews, Cassandra Thibodeaux, is opening the doors and her mind to the ideas of friends and neighbors. A great chance to participate in the future of this wonderful venue and our neighborhood.
OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS:
Thursday, August 26, 7 PM: Women’s Interfaith Ramadan Iftar
- Presented by The Interfaith Women’s Iftar Planning Committee, Brigid’s Place and Christ Church Cathedral, this Ramadan Iftar dinner will celebrate and honor Muslim women’s contributions to the arts, sciences, religious and academic scholarship, politics and everyday life.
- Muslim women of diverse backgrounds will head tables and discuss their unique life experiences with their guests. Everyone will enjoy traditional Ramadan foods from around the world.
- Opening Remarks by Dr. Elora Shehabuddin
- Rice University, The Great Hall of Christ Church Cathedral
- $30. Tickets should be purchased in advance by registering online here.
- For more information you may contact Kafah Bachari Manna at 713.231.3874 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View the full size flyer here.
Saturday, August 28, 2 PM- 9 PM: Market Square Park Opening downtown