Can I just start by saying it was painful to have to put "October" in headline here. Where did the summer go? While I am certainly ready for the heat to be behind us, I am not ready for the onslaught of Christmas crap and other holiday junk, which hits the shelves earlier and earlier every year (it's already out at Target). It can make me quite the Scrooge. I digress... On to Happenings in our immediate and near immediate future!
Thursday, September 29, 6 pm- 7:30 pm: Lush at Langford Market
- Join Langford Market and Lush Cosmetics for a night of fall fashion (if it ever gets cold enough to wear it) and handmade, Earth friendly cosmetics and bath products.
- There will be wine and snacks, plus Lush hand treatments and give aways.
- RSVPs by phone requested. 713.880.1515
- 249 W 19th
- Check out The Heights Life Facebook page for a $25 off coupon (on purchase of $50+) good for this event
Friday, September 30, 8 pm: Heights Live! with Randy Weeks
- special guests Jess Klein and Billy Masters
- 240 W 18th
Saturday, October 1, 6 pm- 9pm: Bill Hailey's "Forever and Thereafter" opens at GGallery
- Bill Hailey believes, among other things, that "the secret of life is likely in the sauce." Sound intriguing? Check out his website. Better yet, join GGallery to see his work up close and personal.
- The show runs through October 31, 2011
- 301 E 11th
Sunday, October 2, 4 pm- 7 pm: Houston Heights Woman's Club Open House
- Please join members of the HHWC for an open house. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the Club in a casual environment with no agenda. From charitable work to parties, parties, parties, this fun, active Club is a piece of Houston Heights history.
- Food and drinks will be served. Door prizes.
- No RSVP necessary. Questions can be directed to Debbie Cranford
- 1846 Harvard, in the historic club house
Saturday, Octobver 15, 7pm: Elizabeth Wills at Kolanowski Studios
IN OTHER NEWS:
Want to get fit and help animals? Check out Bungalow Fitness's new referral program!
- The owners of Bungalow Fitness, Laura Finkeldey and Angie Hasara, are equally as passionate about rescuing lost and abandoned animals as they are about health and fitness. Recently, they've teamed up with Lucky Dog Rescue, a local non-profit rescue group. Lucky Dog Rescue has helped Laura and Angie to continue their personal efforts saving animals in need.
- Laura and Angie would like to improve upon their own efforts and help raise money for local rescue groups, which, in turn, will save more animals from certain death. To do this, they have created the Bungalow Fitness to the Rescue referral program at Bungalow Fitness.
- Refer a friend to one of their fitness programs and they will donate $100 cash to a non-profit, no-kill rescue group of your choice. Your friend will receive a free workout valued at up to $65, depending on which program they choose. Please share this great referral program with your animal loving network. The animals thank you in advance!
- The Bungalow Fitness to the Rescue program is in full effect through December 31st, 2011. Animal rescue groups are typically struggling this time of year, hampering their ability to save homeless pets from the streets and kill shelters. Bungalow Fitness hope to reach their goal of $2500 by the end of this program. That is just 25 referrals needed! Pass it on! Please note: you don’t have to be a client of Bungalow Fitness to participate in this referral program. It is open to everyone that has a big heart and a loving network of friends and family!