This Sunday, October 31 is Halloween, so please keep your eyes open for all the little ghouls and goblins roaming the streets on Sunday night. We have one the best neighborhoods in Houston for trick-or-treating, so we also get a lot of visitors. Please drive safely.
Saturday, October 30, 4 PM- 6 PM: Dia de los Muertos poetry reading at Heights Books-Libros
Saturday, October 30, 4 PM- 9 PM: Brooksmith's 3rd Annual Day of The Dead celebration
Sunday, October 31, Noon- 3 PM: Pugs Hearts fundraiser at A Peaceful Pet
- A Peaceful Pet is hosting a Costume Contest with all the entry fees going to support PugHearts Houston Pug Rescue. All pets, any species, are invited to attend.
- Entry fees are $5.00 per pet.
- Sandy also has some new watercolors on display by local artist Adine Rotman. These paintings of fall foliage will be available to view and purchase now through December 3rd. Sandy will make a $45.00 donation to PugHearts for any painting purchased during the Halloween event.
- Scoop le Poop Pet Waste Removal Service has donated a gift certificate for one entire month of FREE pet waste removal. A $125.00 value. Tickets are 1 for $5.00 or 3 for $10.00.
Saturday, November 6, 10 AM- 1 PM: Houston's Out of the Darkness Walk at Stude Park
- In the United States, a person dies by suicide every 16 minutes, claiming more than 33,000 lives each year. It is estimated that an attempt is made every minute; with close to one million people attempting suicide annually.
- This walk benefits the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, the leading national not-for-profit organization exclusively dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research, education and advocacy.
- Online registration closes at 11:45PM, Friday, Nov 5. However, anyone who would like to participate can register in person at the walk! Please know that walk donations are accepted until December 31st, 2010. Check in starts at 9 AM.