We all know that Saturday, December 11 is the Holy Grail of Heights Events. Lights in the Heights will bring thousands of people in to our amazing neighborhood. We'll get to show off our hospitality, creativity, love of fun, sense of community, and, yes, even the dreaded "quirkiness" we're no longer supposed to talk about. But, before you get your Santa suit on and climb on your motorized cooler, or gas up your art car, or put your kids in their red wagon with Christmas lights, or have your friends over for drinks and people watching, there are a couple other things going on in this quirky, quirky, quirky neighborhood this weekend.
Friday, December 12, 8 PM: Heights Live! Presents Robert Ellis
- Family friendly concerts are held at Heights Presbyterian Church
- Robert Ellis only $5 cover and babysitting services are also available at the venue.
- Shows are also BYOB
- 240 W 18th St. Call ahead if you want sitting services or have any questions.
Saturday, December 11, 9 AM- 11 AM: Timbergrove Manor Civic Club's Annual Snow Day
- This free, familt event will take place at Jaycee Park, 1300 Seamist, compliments of Timbergrove's civic club and local business sponsors.
- There will be piles of snow divided by age as well as a trackless train, a balloon artist, face painting, bouncers, and more. Hot chocolate, coffee and sweets!
- P.S. I know this is just outside the Heights ;)
Saturday, December 11, 11 AM- 6 PM: Beatniks present Brittany Bly
- One of the Heights newest shops, Beatniks specializes in Argentine Tango and swing dance shoes, plus vintage clothes and artist made accessories.
- Before LITH, they'll celebrate their December artist, Brittany Bly, and her works depicting mathematical equations along with hand made jewelry and insect pins.
- They'll also be stoking the Holiday spirit with holiday spirit with mulled wine and tasty panettone.
- 709 E 11th, next to Zelko Bistro, in the "sunshine yellow" bungalow
OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS