Saturday, April 21, 2 pm- 8 pm: Spring Fling on 19th St
Our best known local business district is pulling all the stops to put on an amazing event. Check out all the music, family friendly activities and other events this Saturday!
- Kids Craft Tent at Erica Delgardo Jewelry
- Clay Crafting for Kids at18 Hands Gallery
- Kids Sunglasses Decorating 4-6pm at Eye to Eye
- Princess Lindy Bedazzling at The Lift
- Zumbellyboli Class Demo 12-2 at Studio Fitness
- Face Painting 2-6pm at Bliss on 19th
- Smile Booth Photos all day at Thread
- Chaz Nadege Beatles Tribute 3-8pm at Replay on 19th
- Bossa II 4-7pm at Casa Ramirez
- Face Painting and Make Up Artist 2-8pm at Langford Market
- Andy Roo 5-6pm at Thread, Jubilee and Retropolis
- Leah White and The Magic Mirrors 6-7pm at Thread, Jubilee and Retropolis
- Click Here to RSVP
Saturday, April 21, 8 pm: Not For Sale + Araya Artisan Chocolate Launch the Not For Sale Chocolate Box!
- Come taste some amazing, local, ethically made chocolate and aid in ending modern day slavery.
- Sample fair trade coffee and chocolate, enjoy live music and local art
- $10 at the door. Proceeds go to Not For Sale.
- More info on Not For Sale: www.notforsalecampaign.org
- Want to volunteer? Email here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 228 E 27th St
OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS:
Saturday, April 21, Noon- 4 PM: 10th Annual MHMRA Picnic in the Park
- MHMRA of Harris County, along with the sponsors listed below, holds this event linking families to resources and support for kids with autism and intellectual disabilities.
- Ten years ago, a small group of families with loved ones with a disability decided to meet at the park and link with other families, exchange experiences and share resources. Last year, the 9th annual Picnic in the Park drew over 2,000 individuals, volunteers, and professionals from all over Harris County and surrounding areas.
- This year's event will be held at George Bush Park
- Sponsors include, Commissioner Steve Radack's Office, Constable Phil Camus' Office, Old Navy Houston, IKEA, Houston Astros, Houston Rockets, The HEART Program, Houston Aeros, Sugarland, Skeeters, 97.9 The Box, Houston Fire Department (Station 86), US Army Corps of Engineers (Galveston District), and countless dedicated individual donors.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Save the date for the 7th annual Great Taste of the Heights: Saturday, May 19
- NEW this year:
- New Event Layout for less congestion, easy flow
- Bigger Bar Tent with bucket beer and bottle wine
- Craft Beer Tent with Saint Arnold, Stella Artois and more
- Expanded Silent Auction for all night bidding
- New Band- Lords of Kool
- Great repeat favorite restaurants (see website)
- New Heights favorites including Zelko Bistro, Ruggles Green, Happy Fatz, BB’ Café, J. Blacks Feel Good Kitchen & Lounge, Boomtown Coffee Heights
Expanded Electronics Recycling at Center St
- Thanks to a partnership between the City of Houston Solid Waste Management Department (SWMD) and CompuCycle, you can now drop off electronics for recycling on the 3rd Saturday of each month (including this Saturday, April 21) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Center Street Recycling Center, 3602 Center Street.
- Items Accepted:
- PCs, servers, keyboards, mice, laptops, game consoles, monitors, small kitchen appliances, memory chips, hubs and routers, printers, copiers, scanners, fax machines, projectors, rechargeable batteries, cable boxes, car batteries, telephones, cell phones, PDAs, tape drives, hard drives, cords, cables and cameras.