- To celebrate handmade in Houston this Friday from 6 - 8, Sew Crafty will become a showcase for some of the city’s talented crafters as well as a pretty fun place to mingle. They’ll have food, drinks, drop in crafting and goods from some of the city’s best and brightest, including hosts KnottyByNature Designs and A Punkin Card Company!
Thursday, May 28, 6pm: Meet Peter Brown- Candidate for Mayor
- Young Professionals for Peter Brown host its second Happy Hour Bedford Restaurant, 1001 Studewood
- Meet the candidate and learn about his vision for revitalizing Houston's economy and Quality of Life. Enjoy complimentary valet, appetizers and drink specials. DJ Ceeplus Bad Knives will be mixing on the patio!
- As this month's featured "new economy" business, Bedford is dedicated to green initiates and historic preservation. Also, learn about the Victory Garden Bedford is planting on their roof!
- DISCLAIMER: The Heights Life is not endorsing any candidate for Mayor, or in any other election at this time. However, if there is something interesting and/or informative going on in the neighborhood, we believe we should let you know about it! Please feel free to contact us with your events as well.
- This great exhibit features work by over 2 dozen Texas artists, including The Art Guys, Paul Kittleson, Troy Woods and Sharon Kopriva. These artists represent a who’s who amongst Lone Star sculptors.
- Open Wednesday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. FREE.
Thursday, May 21, 6:30pm: Brave Combo at Discovery Green
- New wave polka from Grammy-winning Brave Combo. They are conquering the world with their peace through polka agenda and will perform tunes from their brand new CD The Exotic Rocking Life!
- Free polka lessons before the show with Valina Polka!
Saturday, May 23, 7 pm-3 am: Living for The City Benefit Concert and Silent Auction
- Join Supporthouston.com for an evening of musical entertainment and culinary delight celebrating the rebirth of Downtown and introducing the area as Houston's newest "culinary district."
- The evening will begin with a silent auction and hors d'oeuvres created by several of Downtown Houston's prominent Chef's. Great food will be highlighted by wine pairings selected by Robert Hall of Robert Hall Winereies. Mr Hall is hosting this event in his not-yet-open Downtown restaurant, The Rockwood Room, a partnership with renowned Chef Mike DeiMaggi. Chef DeiMaggi, the former front man for Max's Wine Dive, will be preparing a tasting menu as well.
- Tickets are $20 and can be purchased HERE