- You still have time to participate in the Heights Fun Run. Registration will be held the morning of the run at Marmion Park (Heights Blvd. and 18th Street) from 6:15-7:15am.
- The 5K course on Heights Boulevard starts and finishes at Marmion Park. The Post-Race Party and Awards Ceremony includes entertainment, door prizes, and refreshments (tacos, fruit, bagels, and drinks).
- Each registrant receives a 2009 Fun Run t-shirt.
- The 5K starts at 7:30am, the 5K walk starts at 7:35am, the fun Kids 1K starts at 8:30am, and the Post-Race Party starts at 8:00am.
Sunday, June 7, 4:00pm: Heights Time Bank New Member Orientation
- The Heights Time Bank is a time exchange system that builds community. When you spend an hour doing something for a neighbor (like pet-sitting, small home repair, guitar lessons, etc.), you earn a Time Dollar that you can spend to get another neighbor to do something for you.
- Join us for a brief orientation to learn all about time banking in your community.
- Participants must live within these boundaries: west of 45, east of Shepherd, south of 610 and north of I-10
- RSVP to email@example.com
Thursday, June 18, 7-9 pm: The Keep Heights Green Summer Fundraiser
- Help Keep Heights Green reach their goal of planting 100 trees in the Greater Heights area this year, replacing some of what was lost by the effects of Hurricane Ike.
- The event will be held at the amazing and beautiful Indian Summer Lodge. There will be food, wine, entertainment, a silent auction and raffle.
- There will be plenty of opportunities to give, and an individual donation of $25 at the door is greatly appreciated! This is a great opportunity to make a positive impact on your community.
Outside the Heights:
Sunday, June 7, 5-9pm: Drink Houston Better: Drink for Aurora
- Stop by Poison Girl and raise your glass to Aurora Picture Show. A portion of the bar tab will be donated to Aurora that evening so drink up (and get a designated driver) and help Aurora continue to bring Houston the latest in noncommercial, independent film, video and new media. A short screening of selections will be screened at 8PM.
Extended through June 28: Grey Gardens at Stages Theater
- By popular demand, i.e. sold out shows, Stages is offering an additional 13 performances of the Tony award winning play based on the 1975 documentary.
- Written by Doug Wright, Scott Frankel and Michael Korie, the musical tells the true story of Edith Bouvier Beale and her debutante daughter Little Edie, and their decline from the New York social scene in to bizarre reclusiveness over 3 decades.
- Performance times will be Fridays 8 pm, 2 shows on Saturdays-Sundays at 3 and 8 pm, with an additional 7:30 p.m. show on Thurs, June 25.
- Ticketsrange $35-$40