Friday, November 12, 6 PM- 9PM: The Artful Corner opening reception for Heights artist Chris Silkwood
- The Artful Corner is starting the Holiday Season off with an exclusive showing of small works by local mosaic artist, Chris Silkwood
- the Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF). $20 each or 6 for $100.
Saturday, November 13, 10 AM- 4 PM: Houston Arts & Media presents Houston History Book Fair & Symposium
- HAM is very excited to present their first Houston History Book Fair & Symposium.
- Hosted at Heights Church of Christ, itself a 1924 City of Houston Landmark, 16th at Heights.
- A different author will be speaking in the church library every half hour, on the half hour. Many of the top books on Houston's past will be available. Hear about local history from the people who tell the stories.
- Book signing and door prizes
- There will also be a panel discussion with Acadia Publishing "at midday" which will cover researching and publishing a book on area history.
PLAN AHEAD/ OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS
Friday, November 12, 5 PM- 9 PM: Feed Awareness with Connect Houston
- Join Connect Houston for a night of networking with Houston’s best to heighten awareness around hunger and homelessness in our community.
- Proceeds benefit local Houston charity, Noah's Kitchen, to help their "SleepOut Saturday" event, kicking-off National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week.
- Stefani Vara, local Houston recording artist, will be performing live.
- Minimum donation of $10 required for entry. Donate and RSVP HERE
- Hosted by The Manor, 4819 Washington Avenue
Saturday, November 13, 10 AM- 2 PM: and TechnoCycle electronic recycling at Discovery Green
December 7- 10, 2010: Winter Holiday Art Market (WHAM) comes to The Shops at Houston Center as part of Downtown’s Holiday Spectacular.