Saturday, April 16, 10 AM- 9 PM: 19th St Spring Fling
- The day will start with family fun from 10 AM- 4 PM, including: Sleeping Beauty and the Easter Bunny, egg hunt at Sterling Bank (1 PM), local schools performing music and dance, pie eating contest (Pie In The Sky) and discounts and prizes.
- Grown up fun starts at 5 PM with live music, open houses, sales and more!
Saturday, April 16, 11 AM- 3 PM: Friends of Love's Heights Fun Fest
Saturday, April 16, 5 PM- 10 PM: Open House to benefit the Campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Come tour the newly renovated bungalow at 207 E. 26th St
- There will be food and live music by Taylor Made.
- Stately Homes is hosting the party and matching all donations that come in Suggested minimum donation of $10 a person at the door.
Monday, April 18, 8 PM- 11PM: Viewing party for Zelko Bistro's premiere on the Food Network
- Hosted by Beaver's, 2310 Decatur, just south of Washington
- Join the best of the Houston restaurant industry to celebrate Heights owned and operated Zelko Bistro! This is great recognition for our wonderful neighborhood and the creative, talented people who call it home!
Wednesday, April 20, 9 AM and 7 PM: Public hearings on City Council Redistricting
- Council Presentation - April 6, 2011
- Proposed City Council District Maps and Population Data - April 6, 2011
Friday, April 29, 7 PM:
OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS:
Saturday, April 30th, Noon- 6 PM: 2nd Annual Noah's Kitchen Chili Cookoff and bake sale
- Noah's Kitchen provides the less fortunate with food, gently used clothing, and the resources that will help them in finding medical help, shelter, employment, and eventually housing.
- Last year's cook off was a huge success and provided much needed help to the hungry and homeless. This year they are adding a bake sale to the cook off, hoping to raise even more. They still need donations of baked goods including cookies, muffins, cakes, pies and rice crispy treats. If you can donate baked goods, please call Amy at 713-854-6713
- Hosted by Washington Grill, 2811 Washington Ave
- More information on competing in the cookoff, operating a vendors booth or sponsoring portions of the event via the links