Saturday, October 8, Noon- 4 PM: Craftacular Second Saturday returns!
- This wonderful outdoor art/craft show is lovingly curated by our friends from Hello, Lucky.
- FatCat Creamery will be offering old their small batch ice cream and Juice Girl will also be on hand, squeezing out the yummiest healthy stuff in town. According to their FB page, Fat Cat will be offering Pumpkin Pie Push-up Pops, scoops of Strawberry Buttermilk and scoops of Laird's 100 Proof Apple Brandy Spiced Cider ice cream. Holy awesomeness, people!
- After the craft market, Hello, Lucky is having an artists reception for Erica Bogdan and Sylvester Sanchez from 4-6pm.
Saturday, October 8, 6pm- 8:30 pm: Heights Beatniks presents Julie Zarate
- Texas native Julie, who is currently one of the Resident Artists at LA's Gallery ChimMaya, is home and showing her stunning work at Heights Beatniks.
- There will be refreshments and small bites, including sweetness from Greg or Mr Zrake's Cakes.
- All that and the company of those lovely Beatniks ladies, Diana and Maria.
- For more information on Julie, check out her blog: six06
Sunday, October 9, 2 pm: Sangria Sunday at The Corkscrew
- According to the folks at The Corkscrew, they have discovered the "most effective combination of potency and flavor." Head over on Sunday after 2 pm to see if they're right.
- Gorgeous patio!
- 1308 W 20th
Monday, October 10, 6:30pm- 8:30 pm: Public Meeting for Houston's first bike parking ordinance
- The City of Houston Planning Department is hosting a community meeting where community members will have an opportunity to share ideas about the new bike parking requirements (or any other parts of the proposed Off-Street Parking changes) to staff members of the Planning Department
- Please visit Bike Houston's page here to get more information about what is proposed and what the biking community believes will be of the most value
- Heights Multiservice Center, 170 Heights Blvd. Click here for a map.
- If you are unable to attend, you can also email comments to email@example.com.