Friday, February 24, 5:30 pm- 11:30 pm: Has-G Art Show Collective
- 214 E 27th
Saturday, February 25, Noon: Heights Cigar Lounge Cigar Tasting Class.
- The focus of this class will be Connecticut wrappers, both shade grown and broadleaf, and the differences this tobacco has when grown in different regions.
- Additionally, these cigars are made in three different regions themselves; United States (Texas), Nicaragua, and Dominican Republic.
- They’ll be offering three cigars at a discount of 15% off: El Cubano's Ecuadorian Claro, Oliva Cigar's Connecticut Reserve, and Ashton's Aged Maduro.
- 240 W 19th
Sunday, February 26: Last day of Escapism by Jerry Cabrera at G Gallery
- Don't miss the chance to see San Antonio-based artist Jerry Cabrera's latest work in Escapism. Inspired by visits to sacred spaces, Cabrera creates luminous paintings that vibrate and glow with the intensity of neon. Cabrera's Escapism will be on view at the new-and-improved Ggallery through this Sunday 5pm.
OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS:
Sunday, March 18: Tour de Houston bike rally
- Houston's big bicycle rally is back! Last year there was not enough funding to stage this great event, which is a major annual fund raiser for city parks.
- This year Apache Corp has stepped up to sponsor the Tour de Houston, allowing the annual fundraising bike ride will take place.
- The severe drought conditions spreading throughout Texas have dramatically increased the need to protect our parks and green spaces. Funds raised from this year's ride will benefit Houston's reforestation efforts through non-profit partner, Houston Parks Board, dedicated to creating, improving and protecting parkland in the greater Houston region.
- 6:00 a.m. -- Check in and registration
- 7:00 a.m. -- 60-mile route
- 7:30 a.m. -- 40-mile route
- 8:00 a.m. -- 20-mile route
- 11:00 a.m. -- Post-ride party
- Ride begins and ends at City Hall (901 Bagby)
- Online Register here
- Advance registration (Jan. 12-Feb. 17)
- $30 adults; $20 kids (12 yrs and under)
- Pre- registration (Feb.18 - March 10, 11:59 p.m.)
- 35 adults; $20 kids (12 yrs and under)
- Registration ( March 11 - March 18 day of ride)
- $40 adults; $20 kids (12 yrs and under)
- If you can't participate in this year's ride but would like to donate to the Drought Relief Fund, go to the Houston Parks Board Website, click DONATE NOW! and select Drought Relief Fundin the Donation Information Area.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Are you on the mailing list for Shop The Heights 19th Street? The "Word on the Street" newsletter will keep you up to date on all the latest happenings on 19th, our own little downtown in the Heights. This week's newsletter introduced a new 19th Street business, Kids Love Life:
Kids Love Life encompasses all good things for kids! Interior Desginer and Author, Natalie Bolger opened her studio on 19th Street to share all those good things.
Her new release, The Grand Festive Picnic, is a charming picture book that reveals the values of friendship and celebration.
The Kids Love Life Brand, inspired by Natalie's book, includes merchandise such as "Feed Your Self Esteem" snack plate, Inspire Tees: shirts that influence, "Dream Big" bulletin boards and "Shine On" pendant lights all available for purchase.
The studio is open on Wednesdays from 10am-2pm or by appointment by calling 1-888-226-0188.Kids Love Life specializes in "Room to Grow" interiors for tweens and teens. Natalie creates rooms made to order....cozy, stylish and comfortable with a wow factor. Visit the studio today and let hte picnic of your life begin now!