- Join Teresa and her friends in that little, green shop to toast and celebrate the new work by Marisa Avelar, Serena Hightower and Jason Villegas!
- Work on view while it lasts
- For more info click here for the Facebook event
- Also add Saturday, November 10, noon to 4pm to your calendar for Craftacular just out in front of Hello-Lucky
Saturday, November 10, 6 pm: Parents’ Night Out at Heights Preschool
- Heights Preschool PNO is open to children ages 12 months (walkers) to 9 years old. They are open on designated Saturdays from 6pm-10pm for parents’ night out. Staff will allow parents and children in the main door at 5:55pm.
- Children will participate in outdoor activities (if appropriate), an art or craft activity as well as free play. Dinner is served at 6:30pm. This weekend kid will be treated to hot dogs from Happy Fatz on White Oak.
- Children will be able to change into pajamas or stay in their play clothes after dinner. Everyone will then enjoy story time.
- At bedtime, a movie will be shown (G rated) and children will be tucked in to sleep on cots or sleeping bags.
- Parents may enroll their children by completing the enrollment application (one form per child) and attaching their shot record.
- Reservations are made on a first come first served basis. Late reservations will be accepted subject to availability. Reservations must be made by phone or via email. Payment is due at the time the reservation is made. Dinner reservations must be made no later than Friday at noon.
- Please refer to their website for enrollment form and other information: http://heightspreschool.com
Monday, November 12th, 7 pm: Onion Creek and Cafe and Heights Cigar Lounge beer and cigar pairing event
- Onion Creek will be hosting this beer and cigar pairing.
- For $18.00 attendees will get one (1) cigar and two (2) beers. There are two different pairings to choose. If your adventuresome you can buy both pairings for $36.00.
- The first pairing to choose from will offer either an Alec Bradley Connecticut cigar, a Buffalo Bayou 1836 (which has been aged on cedar), St. Arnolds Endeavour
- The second pairing to choose from will offer an Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro cigar, a Schmaltz Jewbilation 16th Aniversary, a Lindemans Framboise
- Phil Kanaby, sales rep with Alec Bradley, and Heights Cigar Lounge will be onsite from 7pm- 9pm.
- Monday nights are also Onion Creek Steak Night. There will be a tent setup where you can order a 15oz Ribeye with a loaded baked potato for $15.00.
Saturday, November 17, 2 pm- 7 pm: “Party for Pooches” Barrio Dogs benefit at Jubilee
- Click here for the fun pdf for the event
- Barrio Dogs is a grassroots, non-profit organization with an emphasis on education and raising awareness on proper animal care in the low income communities.
Saturdays & Sundays, December 1-16, 2pm: SANTA'S MAGIC TIMEPIECE at UpStage Theater
- “Christmas is around the corner and there's a problem; there are too many good children this year for Santa to visit them all in one night! Can Tink the Elf find a way to save the day despite the mischievous shenanigans of fellow elves Holly and Jolly? Can workshop head Miss Berry and her assistant Figgy keep up with the demand? And will Santa's granddaughter Joy find true love at the North Pole?”
- Find out when UpStage presents this delightful family holiday musical. It’s an UpStage classic that is fun for all ages.
- Bring the video cameras; the kiddos get to sing carols from the stage.
- Tickets are only $10 and can be purchased by clicking here.
- You can also make reservations by calling 713-838-7191.
- 1703 Heights Boulevard
IN OTHER NEWS:
Revival Market turkeys for Thanksgiving
- Revival is now taking online Thanksgiving turkey reservations!
- Good Shepherd Poultry in Tampa, Kansas will be providing the shop with beautiful pasture-raised, heirloom breed turkeys. No antibiotics, no hormones. The birds will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- There are two options: turkeys larger than 15 lbs and smaller than 15 lbs. Online orders will be processed in the order they are received. After placing the order online, Revival staff will call to confirm the order and collect payment info. All orders will be for in-store pick up in the days leading up to Thanksgiving. Sorry, No deliveries or shipments. The birds will be $6.95/lb.
- They will also be offering a variety of Thanksgiving Dinner sides from the 18th through the 21st. Check the website for a list.