Did Easter coming so early this year throw anyone else off? I am certainly ready for spring, though. Have an amazing weekend!
Thursday, March 28, 7 pm: Sunset Heights CC meeting with Plant It Forward
- This month the SHCC has Kassy Rodriguez from Plant It Forward as their speaker. Ms Rodriguez is going to talk about the organization and how it works in the Heights area.
- Plant It Forward offers economically disadvantaged refugees an opportunity to become self-sufficient through growing, harvesting and selling produce from a sustainable urban micro-farm within the city of Houston. Each farm will have the potential to generate a fair wage for a family of four while providing premium brand sustainably-grown produce to Houstonians. Plant It Forward secures land, selects, trains, and mentors farmers and establishes each on their own urban micro-farm to sell under the Plant It Forward brand.
- Brethren Church, N Main at 23rd
All weekend! Easter Egg Hop on 19th Street
Friday, March 29, 10 am- 6 pm: 3rd Annual Easter party at Fixers Automotive
Saturday, March 30, 8:30 am: Easter Egg Hunt at Buchanan’s
- Bring the little ones for the nursery’s annual egg hunt
- 611 E 11th
Saturday, March 30, 1 pm- 4 pm: Bunny Wars: The Cute Showdown at Sparrow and The Nest
- In honor of "The Barking Bunny" and celebrating all-things-cute, we will be hosting a day of Bunny-centric art by our own Mistress of Cute, Veronica Triplett (a.k.a., "The Barking Bunny").
- The event iwill include a Jazz porch concert, bunny-themed crafts for the kiddos, and the main event: a "Cute Showdown" between Jo Bird, Stephanie, and Veronica in which each contender will attempt to OUT-CUTE one another in three categories of craftiness!!
- Also on hand will be The Gifted Fools "Little Peeps" photo booth, a photo booth for the kiddies that includes bunny props!
- 1020 Studewood
Sunday, March 30, ALL DAY
Happy Easter and Welcome Spring!
Thursday, April 4, 7 pm: Screening of “Faire: An American Reniassance” at 14 Pews
Tickets on Sale now: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5647517878
- The screening will be at 7:00pm sharp, followed by a Q&A with the director in from LA after. After the Q&A we'll have an after party in the garden out back with performance, beer and wine. Faire garb optional - please SHARE SHARE SHARE this invite! HUZZAH!
- About "Faire: An American Renaissance" - In 1963, from a small Ranch in Los Angeles, an event known as the “Renaissance Pleasure Faire” was born as a class project by a history teacher which was eventually turned it into a worldwide phenomenon. Some 45 years later, Faire as it is affectionately known, touches the lives of millions of people a year as attendees, booth owners, and die-hard "rennies". Recently struggling to redefine itself , the Faire now competes with the internet, raves, and Burning Man. The documentary follows the incredible and insightful journey of a quirky group of people that helped define a uniquely American movement. Join the original participants as they share their stories and struggle to find their place in a changing world.
OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS
Saturday, March 30, 7:30 pm- 8:30 pm: Tire (Bike) Changing 101 workshop
- Whether you're an experienced cyclist or just beginning, one of the unfortunate aspects we have to deal with is flats. Join us the last Saturday of the month for our tire changing 101 workshop and learn how to change your tires like a pro!!
- This event is presented by The Green Bicycle Initiative of Houston, which is a community of volunteers, organizations, and businesses to reaching out to communities that want to transition to a greener way of living.
- Hosted by Bohemeo’s, 708 Telephone Road 77023