- I definitely prefer flip-flops to high heels, but for those of you who do wear heels but want to wear them with more confidence, this workshop might be just the thing.
- Here's what NiaMoves says about it: "Beautiful high heels are SEXY. However, wearing them makes you more prone to bunions, as well as foot, ankle, knee, and back pain. Maybe you've already traded in those beautiful pumps for sensible flats.Good news! All is not lost! You CAN be fashionable AND comfortable.No more limping and wincing, or wearing shoes like your grandmother wore. This workshop will use the Feldenkrais Method to teach you how to walk safely, gracefully, and without pain, in those fabulous high heels."
- $35 in advance, $40 at the door
- BettySoo shakes it up with Heat Sin Water Skin, adding some welcome edge and grit to the heartbreaker ballads and bell-pure vocals she's come to be known for. Teamed with seasoned producer Gurf Morlix (Lucinda Williams, Mary Gauthier, Slaid Cleaves), her vocals are striking, the players strong, the sound gripping, and the lyrics compelling.
- Please RSVP!! The Studio can accommodate approximately 60 people. They always want to maximize the audience for the performer, so payment in advance is appreciated and will assure you of a seat the night of the performance.
- The cost is $15 per person, with all proceeds going to BettySoo. You can pay by cash or Paypal. If by check, make the check payable to BettySoo. If using Paypal, email@example.com is the email address for payment. Also, please include a $0.50 per ticket processing fee (as well as necessary information about your reservation).
- Performances are presented at the house of Greg and Kim Kolanowski, located in the Houston Heights. All proceeds go to the performing artist. CDs are usually available for sale at the concert.
- Please arrive between 7:00 and 7:45 p.m. for socializing and snacks. Greg and Kim will provide soft drinks, but please feel free to bring your choice of beverage should you prefer something else. Music will begin at 8:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, July 18-19, All Day: Grand Opening Heights PetSmart
- I know it's not technically The Heights, but since they are calling it the Heights location we might as well take advantage of the door prizes and giveaways they'll be having for the Grand Opening.
- Located in "Sawyer Heights Village" at 1907 Taylor Street, the new 20,000-square-foot PetSmart store will offer an array of products, professional services and advice to care for the needs of pets.
Now through August 8, 2009: Leslee Fraser at Apama Mackey Gallery
- Artist Leslee Fraser makes her Houston debut with In the Absence of Empathy, a show brought to you by Apama Mackey Gallery in The Heights and ArtHouston2009.
- Fraser uses figurines, arranged and altered, to create "preposterous tableaus" that can be funny, dark, and poignant.