- Drop off your kids (ages 5 & up, please) for a fun night of pottery painting, PAINT ME t-shirt fun and pizza while you enjoy cruising 19th Streetages
- 6-9:30, $60 (+ tax).
- Pre-registration is required (simply send an e-mail via their website or call to reserve your spot... Payment due at drop off).
- 244 W. 19th, 713-862-0900
- The Land Use Meeting will take place at the Fire Station.
Outside The Heights:
Friday, July 31 @ 8pm: Outdoor Movie at the Menil
- Aurora Picture Show partners with the Menil Collection to present a free outdoor series of Western screenings in the park. High Noon is an American 1952 western film starring Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly. The film tells the story of a town marshal who is forced to face a gang of killers by himself. Somewhat controversial upon its release in 1952, High Noon, has been described as an “existential Western”. Bring your blankets and picnics for a western film screening under the stars.
- Free admission
Saturday, August 1, 10 am - 3pm: Welcome Home for Veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan
- Be a part of the Welcome Home Event for Veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan and their families.
- Metropolitan Multi-Service Center, 1475 West Gray Street
- All veterans of the Post 9/11 era, their families, community organizations, elected officials, local businesses and military supporters are invited to attend a day of FREE food, games for kids, entertainment, music, adaptive sports demonstrations and so much more!
- The event will also feature a resource fair focusing on GI Bill and Hazlewood education benefits, employment networking and services, as well as important updates on VA healthcare, home loans, pension benefits and entitlements. If you have any questions or would like to RSVP, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 832-393-0992 for further assistance.
- If you would like to volunteer to help make this event a success, please contact John Boerstler at John.Boerstler@cityofhouston.net.
- For all inquiries regarding business or organizational sponsorship information or resource fair table information, please contact Bryan Dyck at email@example.com.
Saturday and Sunday, August 1-2, Gates open at 4pm: 19th annual Houston International Jazz Festival at Discovery Green
- Presented by Jazz Education Inc. (JEI), which was founded by Jazz artist Bubbha Thomas, who saw a need to fill a void where music education and youth were concerned.
- As of a week ago, Stubdog.com was selling general admission tickets to the event for $12 — a savings of $8 off the full price. Quantities were limited but it might be worth checking...
- Additional information (performances, etc) found HERE