- Featuring new photographs from Bryan Kuntz, this show runs in tandem with the citywide Fotofest
- There will also be an additional show opening, featuring photographers including
- This is a wonderful opportunity to have family fun (kids and polite pets are welcome) and support a good cause at the same time. Do it for the homeless pets, do it for fun. Meet some nice people. Hug some cute Pugs. Refreshments will be served.
- 2726 White Oak Dr
- An opportunity for area moms to take a break and socialize with other moms while enjoying a glass of wine and good music at the Occasions Gifts.
- Attendees will receive 20% off their total purchase
- 301 W 19th (at the corner of 19th and Rutland). For more info call Barbara at 713-864-6900
Saturday, March 20, 9-11am: Green Your Yard Event
- The City of Houston's new Compostable Bag Program goes into effect in just 4 weeks! Council Member Ed Gonzalez invites you to attend an event where you may learn more about grass-cycling, compostable bags, and composting. Representatives from the Parks and Solid Waste Departments will be on hand to demonstrate techniques.
- See the event flyer for additional information.
- Proctor Plaza Park, 803 W. Temple St. 77009
Saturday, March 27, 4-6pm: Poetry Reading at Heights Books-Libros
- Mayor Annise Parker and Senator Rodney Ellis will ride along with participants in the sixth annual BBVA Compass Tour de Houston. Cyclists will line up at City Hall on March 21, as the bike ride kicks off to benefit the Houston Parks and Recreation Department. The route will take riders on a journey through Houston’s historic districts and parks.
- “I’m excited to host this annual Houston tradition,” said Mayor Annise Parker. “Thanks to BBVA Compass for their generous commitment, Houstonians will continue to enjoy the city’s premier recreational biking event while supporting our parks system.”
- The 2010 Ride is scheduled for Sunday, March 21, 2010.
- Start Location is City Hall, 901 Bagby. Ride lengths are 20, 40, and 70 miles
- You can now Register Online or Register by Mail (.pdf)
- Online Registration closes on Wednesday, March 17 at 11:59 p.m.