TONIGHT (and every Wednesday night): Night ride with Blue Line Bike Lab
- Join Blue Line on their weekly night ride, starting from the shop at 7 PM and returning around 9 PM
- There are 2 groups of riders, one fast group and one slower group averaging about 12-14 MPH.
- Apparently, there is usually some sort of beer drinking afterward for people who are interested.
- 3302 White Oak
Saturday, March 12, 11 AM- 3 PM: The Inaugural event for Craftacular
- The wonderful folks at Hello Lucky are always looking for new ways to get handcrafted and local goodies to the masses. This Saturday marks the 1st Craftacular, curated by Hello, Lucky and co-sponsored by Davis Hardware, will feature many favorite local artists and crafters.
- This month will include works by Garrett Arnold (yes, Garrett from Antidote- awesome drawings), Tupelo Grease Co (tees), Melissa Bauman (craft supply crazy), Robert Mader (frames), Sarah Huffman (amazing found sculpture work), Lisa Chow (prints, cards), Camella Clements (soap), Erica Bogdan (drawings and cards) and more.
- The event will take place in the Davis Hardware lot, 1028 Studewood, on the Second Saturday of the month
Saturday, March 12, 6:15 PM: Rouse House house concerts presents Seth Glier
OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS:
Saturday, March 12, 10 AM- 1 PM: MaterniTea Party at Young and Restless
- Join other mamas-to-be for an informational get together, with subjects ranging from
- 3468 Ella Blvd
Saturday, March 26, 8 AM- 1 PM: Trash Bash at Moody Park!
Saturday, March 26, 10AM - 12PM: Crochet necklace class with The Crochet Dude at Texas Art Asylum
- Houston's own Drew Emborsky, crochet pattern designer, blogger, author, and TV star, will be in the house to teach you how to make a fabulous crocheted necklace.
- Don't miss this opportunity to rub crochet elbows with this local craft celebrity! Enjoy his unique style, and learn some great new techniques.
- Drew is generously donating all proceeds from this workshop to The Center for Recycled Art, so it's all for a good cause, too.
- Art Asylum classes have been selling out, so get your spot ASAP. $50 and you bring a G or H crochet hook. They provide everything else. Register via this link
- 1230 Houston Avenue.
IN OTHER NEWS:
The Heights Association's Education Committee is proud to be hosting their 6th Annual Youth Art Show. Artwork by neighborhood talent is still being accepted for the April 1st show.