Finally, the weather is something to be happy about. It was a long, long, hot, hot summer and now we are finally being rewarded for our tolerance and patience with Mother Nature. Check out this weekend's forecast!
Friday, November 4, 5pm- 10 pm: Jenni's Noodle House "Celebrity Night" supporting Noah's Kitchen
- Jenni’s Heights location is allocating one night to provide much needed financial assistance to Noah’s Kitchen, a non-profit organization dedicated to feeding the local homeless and hungry in Houston. Friday night, Noah’s Kitchen “celebrities,” including founder Amber Rodriguez, will wait tables, accruing tips for their organization. Open to the public, this event represents the first in a series of rotating charity events that Jenni’s Noodle House will be participating in with local charities, providing much-needed revenue as well as event space to community partners.
- 602 East 20th Street
Saturday, November 5, 10 am- 2 pm: AIGA's 2nd Annual Ctrl + Art + Create Art Festival
- Live music, raffles, giveaways, art and inspiration at the Heights Theater
- FREE, 339 W 19th
- AIGA, the professional association for communication design, is committed to furthering excellence in communication design as a broadly-defined discipline, strategic tool for business and cultural force.
Saturday, November 5, 11 am- 4 pm: 1st Saturday Arts Market
- With this weather, what else would you want to do on a Saturday? Local artists, food vendors, live music. This may be the best weekend of the year to partake in the 1st Saturday fun!
Now- December 31, 2011: Glass artist Michelle Rial at A Peaceful Pet
- Michelle describes her work as "multi-layered, highly textural, kiln- fused glass art creations."
- Sadly, this will be A Peaceful Pet's last art installation in the Heights. Sandy and her little clan of cuties are moving to a bigger, brighter location early next year. With all the recent development along White Oak, they feel this is a good move and we wish them so much luck! However, we have a couple months left to enjoy their company and check out this great art!
Saturday, November 5, 6 pm- 8:30 pm: Cameron Frederick Sands opening at Heights Beatniks
- Heights Beatniks is proud to have native Houstonian Cameron as their featured November artist.
- A graduate of UT and holding a Master's degree of UofH, Cameron has been spent the last 8 years teaching art on the secondary school level.
- Light snacks, wine and other refreshments will be served.
- Music by DJ Tuzzo Martini
- 709 E 11th in the little, yellow bungalow
- This class will introduce you to the basic tools and techniques used in charmconstruction. Armed with that knowledge, you will transform game pieces,hardware, bottle caps, coins, buttons, and whatever strikes your fancy intowearable, collectible, giftable Upcycled Charms.
- Class provides: All basic materials, and you will receive a supply voucher tochoose some of your own special bits.
- Instruction $45, Materials $10
- 1230 Houston Ave
Friday, November 18- Sunday, November 20: Spacetaker's WHAM!
- Every year, Spacetaker hosts the amazing Winter Holiday Art Market: "one part curated festival, one part holiday party, and all kinds of fun." Some of Houston's most wonderful artists and crafty folks come together to create a "winter wonderland of paintings, jewelry, clothing and more." Shoppers enjoy art, food, entertainment. This also really allows Houston artists to benefit from the once a year extravaganza that is the holiday revenue stream.
- Friday, November 18th: Exclusive Preview Party, 6 - 10 p, $20, more info and ticket sales at this link
- Saturday, November 19th: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. - Free
- Sunday, November 20th: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Free
- Winter Street Studios - 2nd Floor, 2101 Winter Street