Thursday, January 31, 7 pm: Sunset Heights Assoc monthly meeting
- If you live in Sunset Heights, this is a good meeting to attend. Every January the association holds elections for the board.
- If you are interested in holding a position on the board or would like to nominate someone please send an email to email@example.com prior to the meeting.
- Brethren Church, Main and E 23rd
Saturday, February 2, 11 am: Cottonwood Chili Cook Off
- This year the chili cookoff benefits Blue Line Bike Lab's MS150 team.
- Live music and prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places.
- Local celebrity judges
- Raffles and giveaways.
- Questions or want to see if you can still enter a team? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Band schedule:
- Mikey & The Drags 3:00
- The Wandering Bufaleros 4:30 - 6:30 (with a set break)
- Journey Agents 7:00 - 9:00 (with a set break)
Saturday, January 2, 11 am- 6 pm: First Saturday Arts Market
- Weather should be perfect this weekend to head on over to the First Saturday Arts Market, located on the parking lot of Wind Water Asian Antiques Gallery. This month boasts an every-booth-sold-out- Valentine’s Day-themed show, which will feature more than three dozen artists representing nearly all art mediums, an excellent Groundhog Day weather forecast, food trucks and entertainment by local popular singer/songwriters.
- One of the featured artists, who is new to the market, is Abigail McKenzie, a jewelry artisan whose work is all handmade using silk, natural stones, pearls and other raw materials which are purchased from local suppliers in the area.
- 548 W. 19th Street
Saturday, February 2, 6: 30 pm- 8:30 pm: Happy Birthday to Happy Belly- Glow Flow yoga
- Back by popular demand, HB’s Glow Flow Yoga class. Participants should wear black and they will provide glow necklaces and bracelets for yoga in a dark room
- Stay after for some champagne and Cake to toast their 2nd Birthday!
- Make sure you sign up online if you are coming to Glow Flow yoga first, as it will sell out. RSVP by signing up online or by calling the studio at (713) 862-7972. $20 drop in or members use class from their package
- If you are only coming for cake and champagne, see you at 8pm!
Sunday, February 10, 4 pm: Paul Williams: Still Alive at 14 Pews
- “He won Grammys and an Academy Award; wrote many #1 songs; starred in a Brian DePalma movie; put out his own hit records and albums; was a guest on The Tonight Show fifty times; and is the president of ASCAP...and you might not have heard of him. In the 1970's, Paul Williams was the singer / actor / songwriter that emotional, alienated teenage boys all over the world wanted to be, a sex symbol before MTV, when sex symbols could be 5"2 and sing songs about loneliness with the Muppets. A wistful musical journey that will re-introduce a new generation to Williams' soulful classics, Paul Williams: Still Alive is the charmingly self-narrated story of Stephen Kessler's lifelong obsession with the former superstar-and what happens when the nostalgic filmmaker finally catches up with him.
- When director Stephen Kessler first began to look into Williams’ life, he believed that he was dead. But after finding out that Williams was very much alive, he talked the aging pop star into letting him film his current experiences, in the process cultivating a tenuous friendship that proves more revealing – about both men – than either expected.”
- I have seen this movie and it’s awesome.
- 14 Pews is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the diverse cultural needs of our community by providing a forum to experience, discuss and celebrate film, art & music, and to strengthen our community through education and fostering cross-cultural experiences.
- General Admission is $10 and FREE for members
- 800 Aurora
Sunday, February 10, 10 am - 11:30 am: The Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center's Mishpacha & Me program invites you for a Purim Extravaganza!
- Event Highlights: Purim puppet show, Puppet making, Snacks
- $15 per family with advance registration by February 7
- $20 per family at the door
- Recommended for children 0-6 years old
- Visit www.facebook.com/MishpachaAndMe for more information.
- To buy tickets, please contact: Anna Abramzon, ERJCC's Director of Outreach Services at 713.551.7200 ext. 4207 or email@example.com
- 14 Pews Theater, 800 Aurora Street
Saturday, February 16, Noon: Chili Cook-Off at Rose Garden
- $30 entry fee
- Minimum 3 lbs of meat
- No beans, no deer meat, all natural ingredients
- Cooking time Starts by 12 pm
- Sampling to everyone by 3 pm
- Chili will be judged at 5 pm
- Beer must be purchased from Rose Garden
- Beer: $2
- Each team should bring their own cups, spoons, napkins, crackers, etc.
- Call Rose Marie or Robert 713-863-8027