- Concerned about crime in The Heights? Attend the Positive Intervention Program, or PIP, meeting at 1602 State Street.
- PIP meetings exist because dealing with the police and knowing what they do in our neighborhood can be confusing to some citizens. The PIP monthly meetings feature speakers from different divisions (Burglary and Theft, Homicide, K-9, Helicopters, etc.) explaining how their division operates and what has been happening in the neighborhood. For more information on what PIP is and what you can gain from attending this meeting, visit the HPD website HERE
Wednesday, August 26, 7-8 pm: Washington Corridor Quiet Zone Meeting
- This is the second public meeting , which will discuss the results of the comment period from the first public meeting and outline the necessary steps to make the Washington Corridor a quiet zone.
- West End Multi-Service Center, 170 Heights Blvd
Thursday, August 27, 10 am- 2pm: Gratefulimages MEGA SALE
- The lovely ladies at Gratefulimages are trying to make some room for new goodies! Best discounts ever on tons of their gorgeous cards and gift items
- Deep discounts on discontinued items, plus receive a gift with any purchase and 4 FREE cards just for stopping by.
- Some examples of the great buys: $4 - 6 Pack Greeting Cards (regularly $15), $5 - Notepad Gift Sets (regularly $13.95), $15 - Baby Gift Sets (regularly $36)
- 1801 Yale
Saturday, August 29, 1-4pm: How to Walk in High Heels at NiaMoves Studio
An Afternoon of High Fashion Functionality! Beautiful high heels are SEXY. However, wearing them makes you more prone to bunions, as well as foot, ankle, knee, and back pain. Maybe you've already traded in those beautiful pumps for sensible flats. Good news! All is not lost! You CAN be fashionable AND comfortable. No more limping and wincing, or wearing shoes like your grandmother wore. This workshop will use the Feldenkrais Method to teach you how to walk safely, gracefully, and without pain, in those fabulous high heels.
$35 online, $40 at the door
- Come learn about the art of the craft from the 1950s with fun film titles including At Your Fingertips: Boxes, Rag Tapestry and Puppets. After the screening join in for your own crafting fun experience.
- Location: HITS Theatre