- Let me just start by saying if you've never been in to this store, you're missing out! Not only do they sell the most unique and interesting stuff in the Heights, Teresa, the owner, is a true gem of a person and someone I am so glad to know!
- For the Anniversary party DJ Psychedelic Sex Panther spinning tunes in the storefront window, H-town Streats Food Truck will be parked outside, a sidewalk fashion show at 7:30, all with new work on view by Lisa Marie Godfrey, Melissa Juvan, Jennie Nuttall and Frances Trotter.
- The organization’s next fruit tree sale will be held at the University of Houston Robertson Football Stadium.
- Urban Harvest’s sale is favored among Houston tree enthusiasts because the trees are grown locally and are suited for Houston’s climate.
- All proceeds from the sale support other Urban Harvest programs.
Saturday, January 29, 1-4 PM: l+j industries offering "How to Recover Your Dining Chairs" upholstery class at Sew Crafty
- This class will cover the fundamentals of reupholstering your basic padded fabric seat cushion. No previous experience or sewing is required. It is a hands-on class where students will learn how to use basic upholstery tools and easy techniques to reinvent your dining chairs.
- Bring 1-2 chairs and fabric. Two yards of medium to heavy weight 54” wide fabric is needed to recover 4 chairs. You can even do this project with re-purposed tea towels, curtains or blankets.Tools are available for your use. Supply fee includes new foam, padding, webbing and Dacron batting. Handouts of upholstery and fabric resources will also be provided.
- For a complete description and more information, see Sew Crafty's calendar page.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Dying to know when you'll be getting a new single stream green recycle bin?
- The city has expanded the large automated recycle bin program to the Heights but in Woodland Heights only. Garden Oaks and Oak Forest have had the program for months! Click here for news article
Conmigo "Mommy & Me" Spanish Program at Helms Session III begins . Call or Email Ms. Sosa, Dual Language Magnet Clerk at / to register. More informaton below....
- Conmigo, a mommy & me style Spanish program, introduces Spanish to young children through music, finger plays, rhymes and interactive play. Exposing children to a second language at a young age helps develop fluency, cognitive thinking and socialization.
- This fun and stimulating environment is open to 1-4 year olds.
- The 7 week sessions are held at Helms CLC on Friday mornings (9 am or 10 am) with a new teacher, Ms. Maya. The cost is $60 ($40 for additional sibling). Siblings under 12 months may attend free of charge.
- Enrollment is limited to 10 per class. Make checks payable to Helms PTA. To register contact Helms Magnet Clerk, Jessica Sosa at 713-867-5130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Helms is a HISD Dual Language Magnet Elementary School in the Heights - located at
- Want to know when your next opportunity will be? 2010-2011 Session Dates: Session III Session IV