- Celebrate Labor Day Weekend at Heights 1st Saturday. Special events include tamale sampling from 11am-1pm (while they last!) at Casa Ramirez Folkart Gallery on 241 W. 19th Street, as well as a school supply drive benefiting Field Elementary from 12-3pm by Karen Derr & Associates (1545 Heights Blvd.). They are accepting uniforms, art supplies, musical instruments, coats, shoes, paper, pencils, etc. Lemonade and cookies will be provided.
OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS:
Monday, September 7, 1:05 pm: Houston Astros Dog Day
- Bring man's best friend to the Astros game versus the Philadelphia Phillies at 1:05 p.m. Deadline to register is September 3rd. Based on availability, additional tickets may be purchased after deadline.
- $20 Combo Ticket- Includes tickets for you and your canine with $10.00 benefiting the Houston Humane Society with access into the Barking Room only section along Conoco Alley and H-E-B Dog Zone located in KBR Plaza.
- NOTE: ALL dogs must remain on a leash at all times and you must sign a waiver stating that your dog's vaccinations from a licensed veterinarian are current.
All Month Long: Hunger Happy Hours to Benefit Houston Food Bank
- September is Hunger Action Month and several bars around town are helping the Houston Food Bank raise awareness and money over the next four weeks.
- Antidote's sister spot, Poison Girl in Montrose is participating with live music and a can of food as the cover charge.
- Some of the bars are offering special happy hour events with food drives, raffles, and special concoctions.