- This "wonderful social organization for women" is hosting the 1st of a series of "Cork and Fork" gatherings. Cork and Fork will take place every few months. Before each meeting the group will select a different theme or region to explore. They envision a casual atmosphere where friends can "relax and savor while conversing about the different wines and culinary delights" brought to share.
- The Clubhouse at 1846 Harvard StreetCost: A bottle of your favorite Spanish wine and a small plate or "tapa" for sharing
- RSVP: Email Shea Sandefer Hill at email@example.com.
- Membership dues for the Houston Heights Woman's Club are $100 per person per year. If you would like a membership form or have further questions about this event or other activities at the HHWC, please contact Shea Sandefer Hill at 713-864-3466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to attend.
Saturday, September 26, 2009, 8:30 am. - 10:30 am: Wildflower Planting at Stude Park
- Seeds and instructions will be provided at the park. Volunteers are asked to dress for the outdoors, wear closed toed shoes and be on time.
- 1031 Stude near the corner of Studewood and Interstate 10
OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS:
Saturday, September 26th, 7pm: Garden Party
- Bring your blankets and enjoy a night under the stars in Mandell Park with a garden party of film, food and flowers. Take a tour of the garden and learn how to plant your own seeds, bring a culinary delight inspired by your garden and watch short films about gardening and nature. Share your garden inspired dishes and be entered in a drawing for a prize from Whole Foods Market. Special thanks to State Farm Agent E. Bailey Moore for his support of this community event.
- Location: Mandell Park, corner of Richmond and Mandell
- Susan is a wonderful artist and wonderful person. My husband (this is Viula, by the way) grew up with her son and we own 3 of her paintings and love, love, love them. I am so excited to be able to get her some more exposure. Her work is truly amazing! Have a chicken pot pie at DRC while you're there :)
And I am going to sneak a little more personal business in here and wish my very wonderful husband a very Happy Birthday!