- Purchasing a raffle ticket not only enters the ticket holder for a chance to win great prizes like SXSW film badges, but also gets you an invite to the best party in town where we won't judge you for your holiday sweaters or demote you if you get a little tipsy.
- The invite-only party will include a screening of holiday inspired 16mm films from Cinema Bomar, sweet treats from Treebeards Restaurant , appetizers courtesy of Tacos A Go-Go, and libations thanks to the support of Saint Arnold Brewery, WorldFest and Stockholm Vodka. But the only way in is via Aurora membership or holiday raffle ticket purchase. Aurora members and raffle ticket buyers will be notified of secret date, time and location along with special instructions on festive holiday attire.
- The annual Aurora holiday raffle is designed to raise money to support the mission and programs of Aurora Picture Show, including artist honorariums, airfares for visiting artists, as well as youth media literacy initiatives. Aurora Picture Show is a 501(c)(3) organization [Fed. ID #76-0612928] and donations are tax deductible.
Thursday, November 19, 6-8 PM: Perez Gallery For The Arts presents Art in Autumn Artists' Reception
- The Perez Gallery for the Arts returns to The Heights to host the next art exhibition, Art in Autumn. The Gallery is committed to selecting artists outside the confines of the art structure, representing artists with potential to engage a wide range of audiences.
- The current artists include Marie Valdez, ChicagoKim, Jonatan Lopez, Stephanie Lienhard, Susan Krause, Mike Garman, Tod Bailey, Pablo Almeida, David Moore, and Maryann Lucas
- 718 E 8 1/2 Street
Saturday, November 21, 8 AM (Shine only): Friends of Ella Beautification Project
- Join the Shady Acres Civic Club's Friends of Ella group to help spruce up the esplanade in time for the holiday season!
- Meet: across from Cavatore's Italian Restaurant
- Bring: shears, gloves, broom, rakes, hoe, water (drinking)
- Objective: pick up trash, put mulch on existing beds, pick weeds, shape ground cover, plant grasses (possibly), remove dead trees
- If you don't have tools, don't worry... They will have something for you to do.
Saturday, December 5: Mistletoe Madness
- Holiday cheer all through The Heights. Shopping, food, music, fun. See you there!
OUTSIDE THE HEIGHTS:
Thursday, November 19, 9 AM- 1 PM: City of Houston 1st Annual "Meet the Buyer" Purchasing Forum.
- This is a unique opportunity to meet with actual buyers from City departments who routinely solicit bids in order to meet their procurement needs. There will also be information presented on City procurement processes and requirements. The forum will feature onsite vendor registration and information on current and upcoming purchasing needs and contracting opportunities as well as information on certification.
- It's a free event will be held at the George R. Brown Convention Center, 1001 Avenida De Las Americas, 3rd Level, Room 370.
- Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. Onsite registration the day of the event is available.
- For additional information or questions, please call 713.837.9000.
Saturday, November 21, 10 AM- 3 PM: TOUCH-A-PLANE FOR COOPER Fundraiser
- Help Cooper celebrate his 3rd birthday! All proceeds will go to the Children's Organ Transplant Association in honor of Cooper Knight
- Military & Private Planes, Antique WWII Planes and Plane Rides, Helicopter Tours
- Hooks Airport, 20803 Stuebner Airline Road at FM 2920 (Halfway Between I-45 and FM 249)
- Admission is FREE but donations will gladly be accepted
- Fun Kids Activities, GREAT raffle prizes,Food at The Aviator Grill
- Questions?Susan 832.423.6128 email@example.com
Saturday, November 21, and Sunday November 22, 10 AM - 5 PM: Houston Via Colori Street Painting Festival
- Celebrate an artistic journey and support a worthy organization, The Center for Hearing and Speech (CHS).
- Watch the progress of colossal-sized works of art completely created on asphalt by more than 200 artists. The two-day festival also features food, two stages of live music, a festival-wide scavenger hunt, facepainting and more throughout a spectacular fall weekend.
- Sam Houston Park, downtown
- For more information: The Center for Hearing and Speech at 713-523-3633.